Tuesday, January 12, 2016

silence


I feel like I'm missing something, so I look back through my day...

I forgot nothing.

I wrote. I went to school, I talked to friends, I read, I did homework, I played the piano, I sang, I talked to God, I worked on editing the writer's club book.  I even wrote this blog post...it was as close to a great, productive day as one could get.  But I feel partly empty, not quite satisfied.

I forgot nothing.

I forgot nothing.

I realize what I forgot.  I forgot the "nothing" in my day.  I forgot the silence.  I forgot the resting, the sitting motionlessly on the floor, in a chair, just being.  

I did everything, but forgot to do nothing.  And I don't think I can appreciate anything without listening to the world every once in a while, to take a breath, to feel alive and to feel small.  Eclipsed by a greater power.

~Caroline Meek 

2 comments:

  1. Indeed. The sound of silence is a powerful thing indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys, it's me. I too struggle with this.

    ReplyDelete