The 11 Stages of Writing A Poem
(best done after midnight)
1. I'm never going to write a poem again, I've exhausted all sources of inspiration. *cries* #thereisnohope #preparethefuneralpyre
2. *takes a shower* *seven seconds later* OH MY GOSH IS THAT INSPIRATION CALLING? Wat wat wat is this I haven't had an idea in years HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND oh no quick gotta write this down before it leaves BUT WAIT WHY PINEAPPLES? Are they even relevant ACK NEVERMIND DON'T QUESTION THE INSPIRATION oh my gosh why did I choose to shower at this ungodly hour where's a towel *writes 7 complete stanzas and spends next 5 minutes frantically repeating them to not forget *RUNS TO COMPUTER* *yells at wifi for not immediately working* *opens a doc* it's 2am? who cares?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? FOLKS WE'RE BACK IN BUSINESS #theinspirationalqualitiesofrunningwater #dontcomplainitsinspiration #sacrficeeverythingforinspiration
3. Ummm - wat is "Title"? #confused #nevermindinspiration
Also speaking of titles I just really kinda want to find this book and read it???
|should have subtitle: "A Writer's Search History".|
|(I'm the cow, chasing inspiration) #beinspiredlittlecow|
5. At this point we're stopping after every two words written and reading, starting from the top, everything we've written so far in a dramatic voice with emotional gestures #soundsgoodsoundsgood #spokenword
6. THIS IS. THE MOST BRILLIANT. THING. ever. *reads it all again* *gives self chills* hmmmm I should make those business cards after, this is gonna be BIG. THIS IS MY BEST WORK EVER. #icanseetheheadlines #amazing
7. just past the half way point MAY DAY MAY DAY this is sounding forced oh no the inspiration is fading away WAIT WHAT IS THIS POEM ABOUT - PINEAPPLES??!? you call yourself a writer? what ever are words? *goes to facebook to complain and tell the world how she's going to have to use pinterest to get inspiration again* *goes to pinterest to get inspiration* each word takes an hour and a century #justkeepswimming #distractions
8. rhythm is back, reality still present though, can't tell if genius or "totally lacking theme/style/rhyme/meter/meaning/emotion/words/purpose".
9. oH MY GOODNESS HOW DO YOU END A POEM #howdoyoulandaplane #famouslastwords
10. #untitledisavalidtitle #itstrue
11. DONE. *sighs in contentment/relief/pride/nervousness* *READS FROM THE TOP AGAIN* very proud, quite realistic now, but hopeful. *must find someone to show but scared #whatifitstoobad #whatifitstoogood
..............This is basically how writing poems goes for me every time. I don't usually ask for them, they just come. Usually late at night, and usually when I'm in the middle of something. It's a wild ride.
What about you? How does inspiration sweep your off your feet, and what does your process look like?