Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Home Again!

Well, we are safely home and back in Kansas!  It's officially been a week!  I am really excited to be back and see people, but also know I'm going to definitely miss a lot of people back in CR.  It still doesn't really seem real, it's just like we are away for two weeks and will get back and keep on living there soon...don't think it's really sunk in yet!  
........................
Some of my highlights - 

spending time with great friends - Sears, Granados, Paola and Eduardo....
meeting great new friends from the Spanish school and volleyball team....so many!  
learning how to play volleyball and getting to be a setter on the team....
the easy schedule and no stress or business....
.........................
I really missed a lot of people while we were gone, the regular events that always kept our weeks busy, inviting people over to our house for dinner and all the ministry things, and people that are apart of our lives here.  

We had a great welcoming committee at the airport last Monday night, and it was SO good to come back to such a clean house!  The weather......Hm.  What can I say?  It was beau-ti-ful for a day or two...then it started to get cooler on the first....now it's SNOWING!  We went from like summer on Wednesday, then Spring, then Fall in the evening, and now winter.    Crazy!  I mean, it's  MAY!  What a welcome!  I guess we didn't miss all of winter after all!  Here are a couple pictures :)  Lucy and Charlie loved it.  :)



I also got to go back to Brighton last Wednesday, my twice-a-week school.  I had been keeping up with all my classes (Biology, writing and history), turning in my assignments by email - it was a great reward to get to go back and see everyone again.  I have a couple of days left before the school year ends.  :)


I have been writing some more poems lately - more on that later. :)  
Our poem book (Olivia and I's)  is also in the last stages before we self-publish it!  It will be on Amazon....to see a preview, view this link!  We are very excited


SO thanks everyone for the great welcome, and can't wait to keep seeing everyone I've missed so much!  

Love,
Caroline


No comments:

Post a Comment