Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Tail of Tragedy - Part One

"Well, my day started out out as I was leaving for work.  I bid farewell to Fluffy, my cat, and Margaret, who flicked her tail in return.  They watched together from the window as I got in my car and drove away. My day at work was virtually uneventful, and I left, ready for a evening with my two beloved pets.  As I pulled into the driveway,  the house seemed unnaturally still.  Silence was in the air, and the curtains were dormant.  As twilight settled in the horizon, I tried to shake off the uncanny feeling of foreboding.  I unbolted the lock on the door.  I turned the knob, then pushed open the heavy wood door.  I was greeted by a draft of chilly air followed by an erie silence.  "Fluffy," I call, "Margaret?"  Nothing.  I was met with absolute silence.

To be continued:)

2 comments:

  1. hey caroline! I am in suspence and can't wait to read part two:)

    ReplyDelete