Monday, December 4, 2017

star


how do you breathe life into people
   not metaphorically –
how do you grasp their lungs and hold on
until they remember they are alive

how do you catch your own breath
long enough to tell them that
they are more beautiful
than you have words for
we live in the same world
so I will always be here for you

but how do you breathe life into people
I’m asking for celestial hands
while dust falls, mocking, from my lips
I am no god

so I make maps
simple words on lined paper
constellations that are more than burning stars
I leave a space for you
courageous space traveler
you will find your way home one day



15 comments:

  1. Oooooh, Caroline, I love this!! "I leave a space for you..." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is stunning. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I always love stumbling across bloggers that write poetry :) lovely work ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I love when people stumble in and become my frens <3 thank you!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful words..Poems are really deep expressions of ones heart.

    ReplyDelete